The American Immigration Council just released a new fact sheet detailing the critical role that immigrants play in Arizona. This new data describes the demographic makeup and economic contributions of immigrants in the state, underscoring the role they will play in our economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
Key details from the Arizona Fact Sheet include:
- 960,275 immigrants live in the Arizona, comprising 13 percent of the overall population.
- 576,640 immigrant workers live in Arizona, comprising 17 percent of the state’s total labor force.
- 23 percent of adult immigrants in Arizona have a college degree.
- Over 24,000 DACA recipients live in Arizona.
- Immigrants in Arizona contributed $4.7 billion in federal taxes and $2.4 billion in state and local taxes in 2018.